Thank you for your interest in the UbiComp / ISWC 2015 student Volunteer
(SV) program. Please go here to apply for a position as a student volunteer.
Applications will not be accepted after ***June 1, 2015 11:59pm PDT***.
Applicants selected for SV positions will be notified on or before July 1,
As a Student Volunteer, you get several benefits, including:
- Free registration to UbiComp / ISWC 2015
- An exclusive student volunteer t-shirt
- Unique opportunities to get in contact with great researchers and make new friends
- Free access to all conference meals and the conference dinner
- Invitation to the exclusive SV party near the end of the conference!
At the same time, being an SV means that you have several responsibilities:
- You are required to work for at least 20 hours during the conference
- You are required to be present at the workshop / conference venue for the entire duration of the conference: Monday,
September 7 early morning through Friday, September 11 evening (we recommend that you arrive in Osaka by Sunday evening and stay until Saturday morning)
- You are required to attend the SV orientation meeting on Monday, September 7
- If you fail to attend the SV orientation meeting or do not work the required minimum amount of hours, your SV status will be revoked; this will result in loss of all SV benefits, including free registration – i.e., you will be required to pay the registration fees
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND ACCESSIBILITY:
If you require financial assistance to help cover the cost of travel, please apply for a Student Travel Grant and indicate on your application that you also applied to be an SV. Ubicomp / ISWC is committed to being an accessible event, please see our Accessibility Statement. We are very happy to make reasonable accommodations on request for SVs who are selected.