We are delighted to announce the availability of a few special grants for junior faculty and post-docs. These grants are provided to allow junior faculty and post-docs with limited travel budgets the opportunity to attend and benefit from UbiComp/ISWC. The main review criteria for the award will be the financial need of the applicant.
How to Apply?
Applications for the travel award should be sent electronically as a single PDF attachment to the UbiComp/ISWC 2018 Scholarship Chair, Yunxin Liu, at firstname.lastname@example.org, by August 25, 2018. The subject line of the email should be UbiComp/ISWC 2018 Junior Faculty/Postdoc Grants. An application should consist of the applicant's CV, and a short personal statement (maximum one page).
The applicant's short personal statement should include:
- A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date.
- A description of areas reflected in the UbiComp/ISWC 2018 program that would impact the applicant's research.
- Importance of attending the conference to the applicant's research activities.
- A short description explaining the need for the grant to support their travel to UbiComp/ISWC 2018.
The UbiComp/IWSC 2018 Travel Awards Committee will review applications, and the awards will be announced by September 10, 2018**. Note: The conference registration charges will be paid directly by the conference. The airfare and accomodation (up to USD 600) will be paid after the conference by the ACM directly to the applicant – after the appropriate receipts have been submitted to the ACM travel reimbursement portal.
For any questions, please contact the UbiComp 2018 Scholarship Chair, Yunxin Liu, at email@example.com.
- Complete Application Deadline - August 25, 2018
- Award Notification - September 10, 2018**
- Ubicomp/ISWC 2018 Conference - 8 - 12 October, 2018