The deadline to submit nominations for the UbiComp Gaetano Borriello Outstanding Student Award 2022 is extended to Wednesday, August 31st, AOE.
The UbiComp Steering Committee would like to invite nominations for the UbiComp Gaetano Borriello Outstanding Student Award 2022.
The UbiComp Steering Committee is pleased to announce our annual Gaetano Borriello Outstanding Student award nomination process for Ubicomp 2022. Named in honour of the late Gaetano Borriello, this award recognizes a student who is making outstanding research contributions to and leadership in the field of Ubiquitous and Pervasive Computing.
The student receiving this award will be recognized during the UbiComp 2022 conference, held in Atlanta, USA, and Cambridge, UK, and will receive a small financial reward and a certificate.
- Nominee must be pursuing a research-based degree in any country in a field related to ubiquitous computing.
- Nominee must have been a co-author on at least 1 UbiComp and/or IMWUT paper (any year).
- Nominee should be a current student in good standing as of the time of the nomination deadline.
Nominations are due by
Sunday, August 28th, AOE Wednesday, August 31st, AOE.
To nominate a student, please email the chair of the UbiComp Gaetano Borriello Outstanding Student Award, Flora Salim, at firstname.lastname@example.org the following items as a single PDF with the subject line “UbiComp Gaetano Borriello Outstanding Student Award Nomination”:
- A 2-page summary of the student’s research (can be a dissertation proposal abstract or similar).
- The student’s C.V.
- A letter of recommendation from the student’s research advisor, also confirming the student’s eligibility listed above.
- An optional, additional supporting letter of recommendation from another member of the UbiComp research community.
Letter(s) may be included in the nomination PDF or submitted directly to Flora Salim at email@example.com.
The award is decided upon by committees consisting of Steering Committee members and other members recruited by the awards committee chair(s). The committee will review the nominations and make their selection. Conflicts of interest are handled by having conflicted members not participate in reviewing conflicted nominations and in the final decisions of awards.
The student winning the award will be notified by early September, and the award recipient will be announced during the conference.