To keep UbiComp / ISWC 2016 running smoothly, we’re looking to recruit a team of friendly, helpful and enthusiastic Student Volunteers (SVs) to manage practical tasks such as packing conference bags, staffing the registration desk, assisting speakers/presenters and generally being a point of contact for conference attendees. In return for your help, you’ll receive a number of benefits, including:
- Free registration to UbiComp / ISWC 2016
- An exclusive SV t-shirt
- Free access to all conference meals and the conference dinner
- Invitation to the exclusive SV party at the end of the conference
- A unique opportunity to network and get involved with the UbiComp / ISCW community
At the same time, being an SV means that you would have several responsibilities:
- You would be required to work for at least 20 hours during the conference
- You would be required to show up on time during your allocated tasks
- You would be required to be available at the workshop / conference venue for the entire duration of the conference and orientation: from the afternoon of Sunday 11th September through to Friday 16th September (we recommend that you stay until Saturday morning so you can join us for the party!)
Student volunteer positions are available to any students (undergraduate, masters and PhD) working in the areas covered by UbiComp / ISCW 2016, and while previous experience is preferable it is not a requirement- all neccesary instruction and training will be provided.
How do I apply?
To apply to become an SV, please complete the application form available here by 17:00 CEST, on the 1st June 2016.
We will notify all applicants by July 1st, 2016.
If you have any questions or enquiries, please direct them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ubicomp / ISWC 2016 Student Volunteer Chairs